ICON: The Hummer Independent Contractor Program
The Hummer ICON program allows established, experienced independent contractors to operate within the Hummer Network. Utilizing our extensive customer network ensures contractors will have consistent freight, advanced technology, and reliable weekly settlements. Operate your own truck while receiving The Hummer Independent Contractor Program [ICON] support and advantages of a trusted, industry-leading, and stable company.
Owner operator trucking is a great way to maintain your independence while enhancing your truck driving career.
ICON drivers receive:
- 75% of freight revenue and other charges, such as stop pay, for dry van freight
- 70% of revenue for temperature-controlled/reefer freight.
- Fuel surcharge is included on every load and is passed through at 100% to the contractor.
Contractors are responsible for any toll costs, but toll transponders are available.
Fuel and Fuel Tax
All fuel discounts are passed through to contractors at actual cost. Transaction fees are charged at actual cost. Fuel Tax is filed by Don Hummer Trucking and contractors receive any refund or balance due.
Tractor Requirements: Any contractor truck(s) must meet all applicable regulations and pass an inspection at a Hummer shop. Hummer logo, company name, and US DOT number decals will be provided and must be installed on the truck's driver and passenger doors.
Trailers: Hummer provides trailers at no charge for use by owner operators.
ELD System: Contractor equipment must be capable of utilizing an ELD. Hummer provides and pays for the hardware, service plan, and installation/removal of the mobile communications system/ELD.
We are currently leasing from the following states:
AR, CO, IA, IL, IN, GA, KS, OH, MI, MO, MN, NE, PA, TX, UT, WI, WY
What are the minimum qualifications to become an Independent Contractor with Don Hummer Trucking?
To become an ICON, you must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) from your state of permanent domicile
- Have a valid United States driver’s license for at least the past 12 months
- Meet Homeland Security/Transportation Administration requirements
- Have a stable work history and good references
- Have no record of abandoned trucks at previous employers
Hummer also has pet and passenger policies.
For more than 60 years, the Hummer name has been a trusted partner in transportation. We offer a wide variety of employment options including local trucking jobs, OTR, scheduled and dedicated jobs. We look forward to welcoming you to the team at Don Hummer Trucking!
Call Andrea at 319-828-2126 for more details on joining our team of professional truck drivers.