Pet Policy Details
Effective 08/27/2018, Don Hummer Trucking is implementing a pet policy with strict parameters for company drivers and contractors. This policy can be altered or rescinded at any time without notice.
- Dogs only. The dog must weigh 40 lbs. or less.
- No aggressive breeds will be approved.
- Driver must sign a document certifying that the pet has never bitten or shown aggression to anyone.
- Company drivers are responsible for the $500 non-refundable pet deposit and cleaning fee. Cleaning fees will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. This pet deposit must be paid in full before the pet will be approved. Deposit and cleaning fees do not apply to contractors.
- Pets cannot be brought to orientation.
- Driver’s assigned trucks must be subjected to on-going inspections, with or without notice, to inspect for damages and cleanliness.
- If professional cleaning is required after an inspection, this charge will be assessed to the driver.
- Pet carrier or crate is required to be in the truck at all times to secure the pet in the event of an emergency, breakdown, or truck inspection.
- Pets must be spayed or neutered. Documentation is required.
- The driver is responsible to ensure that policies relating to pets are followed at customer locations, including waste disposal.
- The driver is responsible for disposing of pet waste.
- Pet must be secured on a leash at all times outside the truck. Only one pet at a time will be approved.
- Neither trainers nor students can have a pet while training. Team drivers must both approve of the pet.
- Pets are not allowed inside any Don Hummer Trucking facilities.
- Proof of rabies shots is required. Vet records must be kept in the truck.
- The driver is responsible to ensure the pet doesn’t obstruct driving and pedal controls. Pet is not permitted to ride on the driver’s lap/seat.
- Pets are considered personal property. If your pet is injured, sick, expires, bites/injures another, your personal homeowners or renter’s insurance is responsible. Don Hummer Trucking’s insurance policy will not cover anything relating to any event arising from your pet or its needs whether relating to a motor vehicle accident, encounter with a stranger, or other incidents/event.
- Entering and exiting the truck safely is important. You must enter/exit the truck with a 3-point stance.
- Your pet must wait until you are safely on the ground to exit the truck.
- Drivers will be required to submit a photo of their dog.
- If a driver’s assigned equipment is down on the road, the driver must find lodging accommodations that will accept pets. Don Hummer Trucking will not pay for the additional costs associated with accommodating your pet.
- Don Hummer Trucking cannot guarantee the availability of a pet-friendly replacement truck in the event of a breakdown.
- Don Hummer Trucking reserves the right to revoke your pet riding privileges at any time for any infraction whether listed above or not.
Contact Recruiting at 888-323-6115 with any questions.